New Delhi, October 30 | JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment for Fourth Round has been released today, October 30, 2020 on the official website josaa.nic.in.
All the candidates who have registered and filled their choices for academic programs offered by JoSAA until October 15, 2020 can now check their seat allotment status on the official website.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority will conduct seat allotment in 6 rounds. The candidates were allowed to register and do the choice filling till 5 PM on October 15.
The first Seat Allotment list was released on October 17, 2020, second on October 21, 2020 and Third Mock Seat Allotment List was released on October 26, 2020.
JoSAA conducts counselling for all the participating institutes which include 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 GFTIs. The counselling process is done on the basis of JEE Mains 2020 for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs and on the basis of JEE Advanced score for IITs.
JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment For Fourth Round– Steps To Check
In order to check the JoSAA 2020 Fourth Round Seat Allocation List, follow the below provided steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website josaa.nic.in.
Step 2: Enter the JEE Main application number, password, and security PIN.
Step 3: Click on “Login”.
Step 4: Check your Seat allotment status and logout.
JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment For Fourth Round – Post Fourth Round Seat Allotment
The candidates who have been allotted seats and are willing to accept the seats by paying seat acceptance fees will have three choices.
- Freeze: The candidates who are satisfied with the seat allotted to them can use this option. After using the freeze option, candidates will not be allowed to participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Float: The candidates who are not satisfied with the college and courses allotted to them and want to be considered for further rounds of counselling should use the float option. Subsequently, if they get their desired course and college they can use the freeze option to opt out of further rounds of counselling.
- Slide: Candidates choosing this option will be able to get a higher preferred department in the same institute and no change of institute will be allowed for such candidates.
After choosing from above 3 options, the candidates need to follow the below provided steps:
Step 1: Payment of Seat Acceptance Fees and Download of Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- The candidates who have been allotted seats have to confirm their seats by paying a seat acceptance fee to the JoSAA.
- The students have to pay Rs.35,000 as seat acceptance fees ( Rs15,000 for reserved category). Fees can be paid in online mode or through e-challan.
- The seat acceptance fee must be paid within the allotted time or candidates will lose their seats and will not be allowed in further rounds of counselling.
Step 2: Online Reporting
- This year due to COVID-19 situation, there will be online reporting after JoSAA seat allotment.
- The candidates have to upload the required documents in the candidates portal and pay the seat acceptance fee to complete the online reporting procedure.
Step 3: Confirmation of Admission
- Students have to finally report to the allotted institute for the confirmation of admission.
- The last date for reporting to the allotted institute will be mentioned in the seat allotment letter.
- Students have to report to the allotted institute within specified dates failing which their admission will get cancelled.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority also known as JoSAA is a counselling body established by the Ministry of Education. JoSAA conducts centralised counselling for IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs on the basis of JEE Main or JEE Advanced Rank.
The agency conducts online counselling and allot seats to candidates as per their preferences and all India rank.
For more news related to Education follow Edubullet on :