New Delhi, November 26 | IIM CAT 2020 Examination is scheduled to be conducted on November 29, 2020 in online mode at various centers across the Country.
A detailed General as well as COVID-19 related Exam Day Guidelines has been released by the authorities to ensure smooth and successful commencement of the Examination in the midst of a pandemic.
The CAT 2020 administering body, IIM Indore, has also released CAT official Mock Tests 2020 Online for practice, on the official website iimcat.ac.in.
Candidates can use the remaining time to practice the Mock Test so as to familiarize them with the pattern of the exam and test portal including how to select the correct answers, save the correct answers and submit the online CAT exam.
IIM CAT 2020 Admit Card was released on October 28, 2020 which is a mandatory document to be carried on the Exam day.
The authorities have released an exam day workflow for the candidates which is as shown below:
IIM CAT 2020 on November 29 – General Exam Day Guidelines
Some of the Important General Exam Day Guidelines for IIM CAT 2020 is as provided below:
- Candidates are required to print all the pages of the CAT admit card on an A4 size paper using a laser printer. Admit cards are valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legibly printed. Please affix the same photograph as uploaded while registering for CAT at the indicated place (besides the printed photograph).
- The candidate must produce the admit card for verification at the time of the test. The admit card is valid only for the test date and session time as specified in the ‘Test Day Details’ section.
- Candidate must carry any one of the original and valid photo identification proof issued by the government
- Candidate must reach the CAT exam centre as indicated against reporting time on the admit card. No candidate shall be permitted to enter after the gate closing time.
- Candidates can use the Google map link embedded on the electronic version of the admit card to locate their CAT exam centre.
- No candidate shall be permitted to leave the CAT test centre before the end of the exam.
- A writing pad will be provided to the candidates for rough work. The candidate will have to write their name and registration number on the writing pad and return it to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
- Electronic gadgets, mobile phones, watches, calculators, stationery items other than two ball pens, papers, wallets, goggles, etc. are prohibited inside the test centre.
- Candidates must not wear jewellery or items containing metal. Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are prohibited inside the test centre.
- There is no facility for safekeeping of candidates’ personal belongings outside the test hall and the test conducting authority is not responsible for the damage or loss if any.
- Candidates attempting to appear for CAT 2020 more than once will be disqualified.
IIM CAT 2020 on November 29 – COVID-19 Related Exam Day Guidelines
Some of the Important COVID-19 related exam day guidelines for IIM CAT 2020 is as provided below:
- Candidates must sign the declaration appropriately and show the same to the CAT test centre staff at the gate to gain entry into the exam centre.
- Body temperature of candidates will be checked at the entry of the CAT test venue via a thermo gun.
- Candidates having symptoms of fever, cough, and cold would be made to sit in a separate room with adequate safety measures.
- Candidates must maintain physical distance starting from point of entry at the CAT test centre till his/her exit from the premises.
- Candidates must bring their own facemask, gloves, personal hand sanitizer (50ml) and transparent water bottle.
- They must also carry two ball pens and the test-related documents (admit card, ID card, etc.). No other items will be permitted inside the test venue.
- At the registration desk, the candidate will be directed to sanitize their hands using the sanitizer. Photographs will be captured during the registration process.
- Mapping of ‘Candidate Application Number and the Lab Number’ will NOT be displayed outside the CAT test venue, but the same will be provided to each candidate individually at the time of entry.
- Candidates are required to follow directions given by the CAT test centre representatives during the entry and exit of the test centre.
- Entry into the CAT test centre will be provided based upon the individual’s time slot only. Thus, candidates are required to report at the test venue strictly as per the time slot mentioned in their CAT admit card and/or informed via SMS on their registered mobile number prior to the testing date.
To read complete Guidelines in detail – Click Here
IIM CAT 2020 on November 29 – Examination Pattern
CAT is a computer based exam of three hour duration, containing 100 questions divided in three sections -verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude
The questions will be objective in nature and for each correct answer +3 marks will be awarded and -1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
There will be No negative marking for Non-MCQs.
About IIM CAT
Common Admission Test or CAT exam is a common aptitude test which is a gateway to 20 IIMs and over 1,200 B-schools in India. CAT is conducted in online mode in over 156 cities. The exam comprises 100 MCQs & non-MCQs from Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The official website of CAT 2020 (iimcat.ac.in) went live on July 29 with all the information related to the entrance exam and IIM admission process. The registration window was open from August 5 till September 23. Over two lakh candidates appear in CAT exam every year. For CAT 2020, about 2.3 lakh applications were received, a fall of about 10,000 from last year. In 2019, the number of candidates who registered for the exam was 2.4 lakh.
For more news related to Education follow Edubullet on :