New Delhi, October 6 | CLAT 2020 Counselling will commence from October 6, 2020 in online mode at 9 AM as notified on the official website consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
For the counselling process, the candidates will receive an invitation to register for the CLAT 2020 counselling via email / SMS on the registered mobile numbers.
The eligible candidates will be able to register for the CLAT 2020 Counselling by logging in their CLAT account on the official website.
The CLAT 2020 Counselling Registration will begin from October 6, 2020 at 9 AM and will end on October 7, 2020 at 6 PM.
The seat allotment will be done in 3 rounds. The 1st allotment list will be published on October 9, 2020, 2nd on October 11 and the 3rd seat allotment list will be published on October 14, 2020.
The Registration process consists of two Steps after which the candidates will be able to participate in the Counselling process of CLAT 2020. It is mandatory to undergo the registration process, without which the candidates will not be allowed to participate in the CLAT Counselling process.
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 examination was successfully conducted for undergraduate and postgraduate law courses on September 28, 2020 in online mode at designated exam centres amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
CLAT 2020 Counselling – Schedule
The Schedule of CLAT 2020 Counselling is as provided below:
|October 5, 2020(evening)||Declaration of CLAT Result 2020|
|October 6, 2020 (12 pm – afternoon) To October 7, 2020 ( 6 pm)||Registration for CLAT counselling|
|October 9, 2020 ( 10 am)||First Seat Allotment List|
|October 9, 2020 (10 am) – October 10, 2020 (10 am)||Candidates have to either:Accept / lock seats and upload documents and pay NLU fee Apply for upgrade, submit documents, and pay NLU fees Exit admission process|
|October 11, 2020 ( 6 pm)||Second Seat Allotment List|
|October 11, 2020 (10 am) – October 12, 2020 (10 am)||Newly allotted candidates have to either:Accept / lock seats and upload documents and pay NLU feeApply for upgrade, submit documents, and pay NLU feesExit admission process|
|October 14, 2020 ( 6 pm)||Third and Final Seat Allotment List|
|October 14, 2020 (10 am) – October 15, 2020 (10 am)||Newly allotted candidates have to either:Accept / lock seats and upload documents and pay NLU feeApply for upgrade, submit documents, and pay NLU feesExit admission process|
CLAT 2020 Counselling – Counselling Process
The CLAT 2020 Counselling Process is provided below stepwise:
The invited candidates will be firstly required to undergo the registration process which consists of the first 2 steps –
Step 1 – Update the NLU preferences
The candidate can select a fresh set of NLUs in this step. The candidate will have the option to:
- Select all the NLUs ( 22 for UG and 19 for PG)
- Or only the NLUs one is interested in (atleast 5)
Step 2 – Payment of counselling fee
- Candidates will have to make an online payment to Consortium of INR 50,000/- to register for counselling through their login id on the official website.
- Candidates will be needed to make the payment before the last date. Requests for payments after the last date will not be considered in any circumstance.
- Candidates who fail to make the payment before the given deadline will not be considered for CLAT seat allotment 2020.
Step 3: CLAT Seat Allotment
For making allotments, the consortium will consider the following points:
- The merit rank of the candidate in CLAT 2020
- NLU preferences opted by the candidate
The result of 1st seat allotment of CLAT 2020 will be announced on October 9, 2020.
Step 4: Options before the candidates post Seat Allotment
The candidates who have been allotted a seat will have 3 options before them:
- Accept the allotted seat – If the candidate decides to accept the seat, it will get locked. To confirm the seat, the candidate will have to upload all the necessary documents and make the necessary payment to the NLU (the one which has been allotted).
- Apply for upgrade – If a candidate is not satisfied with his/her seat, then they can apply for an upgrade.The candidates will have to pay the requisite fee to the allotted NLU and upload the documents, only then the candidate will be considered for an upgrade to the higher preferred NLU. If the higher preferred NLU is not available, then their seat will be locked automatically for the allotted NLU. This option will be available for two rounds only.
- Exit from CLAT 2020 admission process – If a candidate selects this option then, his/her allotted seat will be lost and the candidate will not be allowed to proceed / participate in the counselling process anymore.
Step 5: Uploading of Documents
The candidates will need to upload the required documents depending on the UG / PG course that they have applied for.
Step 6: Fee Payment to the allotted NLU
The fee amount which has been paid by the candidate during the registration of the CLAT 2020 Counselling i.e. Rs. 50,000 (which is also the 1st Semester fee) will be transferred to the allotted NLU of the candidates.
About CLAT 2020
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admissions in Under-Graduate (UG) and Post-Graduate (PG) Law courses offered at 22 NLUs and other colleges/universities based on its exam score.
For the academic session 2020-21, there are 21 NLUs participating in CLAT.
For more news related to Education follow Edubullet on :