New Delhi, October 6 | Banaras Hindu University (BHU) PET 2020 Counselling is scheduled to start from October 8, 2020 in online mode at the official website bhuonline.in for admission in various postgraduate courses including M.A., M.Sc., M.Com.
The BHU PET 2020 Counselling will be done in both online as well as offline mode. The candidates can choose the mode as per their preference.
The candidates who have qualified / shortlisted according to their rank in the BHU PET 2020 examination are eligible to participate in the counselling process.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited through an electronic call letter sent to them by the authorities in the form of email / SMS on the registered mobile number.
The entrance examination of BHU PET was conducted from August 24, 2020 to August 31, in online mode. The results for various courses were announced between September 17 and September 30, 2020.
BHU PET 2020 Counselling – Counselling Process
The online and offline counselling of BHU PET 2020 will be conducted in various stages. The candidates can undergo the counselling process with the help of the following steps:
Note that, if you are opting for Online mode Counselling then there is no need for attending Physical Counselling from the date of receipt of Call letters to fill preference entry and uploading documents.
If you are opting for Offline mode and attending physical counselling then there is no need to upload the documents but the candidates have to fill the Preference Entry.
Once the documents are uploaded, the candidate will not be entertained for the same procedure on the day of Offline counselling.
Step 1: Download Electronic call letter
The shortlisted candidates will be sent an electronic call letter for admission which the candidates can download by logging in on the official website.
This will be the same for the offline candidates also.
Step 2: Document Verification
- For Online mode, candidates are advised to scan/take pic of the documents mentioned on the official website in good light condition and sharpness so that all details are visible to the Admission committee.
- Files should be in JPEG format.
- If there is more than one page of document for the Graduation mark sheet section, take a pic of multiple pages and convert it to one PDF and upload.
- Once all the compulsory documents are uploaded, click the Proceed button visible at the last for submission.
- For Offline mode candidates, Self-attested one set photocopy with Original documents are required on the day of the counselling. The Original documents will be returned after verification.
- On the specific Date & Time of Offline counselling, follow the procedure and instructions given at Venue for preference entry and verification.
The documents if available may be uploaded and if not then uploaded signed undertaking / physically signed undertaking for missing documents for its submission within the stipulated time has to be provided to the authorities.
Step 3: Preference Entry
For Online mode candidates, After uploading documents, a preference entry page will appear. The candidates will have to fill the Qualifying Exam marks in percentage (Graduation total marks, if CGPA convert into marks). In case the last year results are awaited, upload all except final year marksheets.
Each candidate will be required to fill the Online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the candidate’s online portal.
Candidates will be required to give their preferences for the following on the portal:
- Subject – There will be preference of course and campus/college. Fill your preference. Save & Confirm. You may be allowed to edit options only till the admission committee confirms verification. Status of verification may be checked at your student login after completion of verification
- Type of Seat – The candidate will have to select the seats with regular fee only or if he/she is willing to take admission in Paid Seat in case the regular fee seats are full. This preference option will not be available for Special Courses of Study and certain other regular/professional programmes.
For Offline mode candidates, the same procedure will be followed at the Counselling venue.
Step 4: Confirmation of Preference Entry
- For online mode candidates, a confirmation page will appear with all details of the Candidate, their Preference Order and list of documents uploaded by them.
- Print or Save this page of confirmation as proof of submission.
- For Offline mode candidates, original documents will be returned after verification.
The candidates are advised to check the status of course/subject allotment at student counselling portal everyday from the date of counselling mentioned in the call Letter.
Step 5: Fee Payment
- The online mode candidates will have to proceed for Online Fee submission (see details in Call letter).
- The offline mode candidates need to Proceed for Online Fee OR Cash in the Bank Counter only situated inside BHU Campus submission (see details in Call letter).
Only 24 hours till 5 PM will be given for Fee submission. No request for extension of fee submission will be entertained.
Step 6: Choice Locking / Upgradation
This step is applicable for both online and offline mode candidates.
- The candidates will have to send an email for locking the subject/course if they are satisfied.
- For Upgradation, wait for next rounds.
- After locking of course / subject, the Final Admission Admit Card will be visible at the candidate’s portal.
- Report the Department/College at Date and time mentioned in the admit card with all originals.
About BHU PET
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) for admissions to its PG programmes offered by its affiliated/constituent colleges. The programmes are offered in Humanities, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Science, Engineering, Commerce, Management, Mass Communication, Hospitality, Travel, and Teaching streams.
For more news related to Education follow Edubullet on :